Monday, June 16, 2008

Dedication to Jane Taylor and Mozart

Who's Jane Taylor?
The author of 'Twinkle twinkle Little Star'
Often times we forget,
it started out as a poem.
Before it was sang,
To the tune of
"Ah! vous dirai-je, Maman"
by Mozart.

The full lyrics.
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky!
When the blazing sun is gone,
When he nothing shines upon,
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.
Then the traveler in the dark,
Thanks you for your tiny spark,
He could not see which way to go,
If you did not twinkle so.
In the dark blue sky you keep,
And often through my curtains peep,
For you never shut your eye,
Till the sun is in the sky.
As your bright and tiny spark,
Lights the traveler in the dark,
Though I know not what you are,
Twinkle, twinkle, little star.
I think it's a marvelous piece of work by Mozart, the 12 variations.
Now, I just need to get back to being hard working on it and move on beyond the 2nd variation.

On Saturday, while repetitively playing the melody, for a moment there I completely forgot what was the usual lyrics we learned from young.

The stars has always marveled me being so far and out there.
Reminds me of God.
As the Creator who made the stars, how much wonder we must have in Him, more than the stars. And to stay in that wondering state of mind......it's that season for me.

I think Jane Taylor is incredible to come up with such lyrics.
As innocent as it was.
For we can reach the moon, and other planet but never the stars nor the sun.
Only He can.

No comments :

Post a Comment