Saturday, June 7, 2008

This is home

Finally,
This morning I woke up
Having that settled down feeling
After all the moving hassle has fade away
Tv and telephone line all up
It finally feels like home
And my soul is well with it.

People been asking if I've settled down, and my reply have been 'No' followed by a bunch of lamentations.
Maybe it's because I've only slept 2 nights here so far in the past 3 weeks.
But today.....I've found that peace.

Reached home from the wedding dinner last night at 12.45AM....that's a new record for me here. I've always set myself a curfew for the sake of my loved ones to be home by midnight. At least here in the Northern States. But it wasn't my fault last night that I was stuck on the bridge for more than an hour. There was a terrible accident and a few cars broke down.
Thank God, my dad wasn't cranky when I got back.
I think he sorta mellowed a little in this new house. Of course it helped that he just installed Astro and he's watching the Sports channel to his hearts content.
Hahaha!

It felt strangely happy watching 'House' on a Saturday at home.
It has started raining.
And the rain has a bassy tone splashing down on the roof.
Soothing.

I found the lyrics that suit this moment to bits.

This is home
Now I'm finally
Where I belong
Where I belong
Yeah, this is home
I've been searching
For a place of my own
Now I've found it
Maybe this is home
Yeah, this is home

-Chorus of Switchfoot 'This is home'


Signing off from my new home,
-KK-

Ps: Now why does my post sound a little more matured than usual? Ew...

No comments :

Post a Comment