Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dinner at the G Part 2

On Friday, I drove Mi and myself over to G in the afternoon. Reaching around 4.45pm, we found ourselves the earliest people to arrive. Haha. Supposedly, Mi had to practice at 5pm. But like all things in Malaysian time, that was delayed. So we walked around.
The waiters were just rehearsing their positions and roles for the dinner.

Flower arch

Grand ballroom lights full on.


For tea ceremony, (in one of the salon) they provided these.
The 2 big bowls are used to wash the cups before reuse.
Lovely shapes though.

Toilet. All reflective. I'm glad I wasn't caught.
Hahaha!

Towards the reception area.

Reception table.

The waiting area with waiters serving drinks and plates of mixed nuts on the tall tables.
I think there are proper names for all these grandness but I have no idea what are the words.

The sea view from the waiting area.

Entering the ballroom.

Grand ballroom lights dimmed.


We started the evening of with a prayer.
This is the first wedding dinner I've been to where people are very behaved.
Haha, I guess there's a huge difference when there's no booze involved.
Soft background music and a slide show of the couple was shown.
Lake serenading Mel again with the song that she walked into the sanctuary with on their wedding day.
And instead of a 'Yam Seng' toast, there was just a quiet toast for the lovely couple.
No off-key karaoke but properly rehearsed people going up to sing a song or two.
I think the loveliest that happen, was when Mel surprised Lake by going up on stage and serenades him. Very very romantic. Especially when with the song ending, she walks down to him and gives him a kiss at the end. Hahaha!
Sadly, I timed my shot at the wrong time because I did not expect them to kiss!!
I had a great time laughing and watching 3 little angels' antic.
And of course, enjoying the dinner.


So what about the food? In another post....hahaha!

No comments :

Post a Comment