Was trying to follow this recipe.
Replacing the white chocolate with.....loads of chocolate chips.
The outcome......
Muahaha!
On first look out of A#, I was shocked it was so flat.
Was expecting something a little higher.
At least there's no bits of metal in it this time.
That would be like finding treasure in the desert.
In this case.
Hehehe!
I think I'm happy with the outcome.
Now I know the difference between brownie and cake.
Without flash the color is....pale.
'Too sweet. I like it but must drink water with it.'
That's my dad's comment.
Weird.
I don't think it's too sweet.
Though I have to confess this:
I poured a little too much sugar into the measuring cup.
And couldn't scoop it back out without wasting it.
Hehehe!
I haven't got a clue why there's a crispy layer on top.
But looking at brownie photos on the web......they sorta have a smooth surface.
So I guess that's how it's suppose to be.
That's kind of reassuring.
Except mine is like a desert or wrinkled like an old man's face.
Fit for an old man's tummy.
Oh man.......I'm having a sugar high right now.
Excuse the terrible humor.
Kakakakaka!
My own description:
On first bite, the outer layer is harder and then it's just very textured gooey inside.
Thick like chocolate.
Taste like candy.
Think caramel.
Just very fudgy caramel.
Was expecting something a little higher.
At least there's no bits of metal in it this time.
That would be like finding treasure in the desert.
In this case.
Hehehe!
Now I know the difference between brownie and cake.
'Too sweet. I like it but must drink water with it.'
That's my dad's comment.
Weird.
I don't think it's too sweet.
Though I have to confess this:
I poured a little too much sugar into the measuring cup.
And couldn't scoop it back out without wasting it.
Hehehe!
I haven't got a clue why there's a crispy layer on top.
But looking at brownie photos on the web......they sorta have a smooth surface.
So I guess that's how it's suppose to be.
That's kind of reassuring.
Except mine is like a desert or wrinkled like an old man's face.
Fit for an old man's tummy.
Oh man.......I'm having a sugar high right now.
Excuse the terrible humor.
Kakakakaka!
My own description:
On first bite, the outer layer is harder and then it's just very textured gooey inside.
Thick like chocolate.
Taste like candy.
Think caramel.
Just very fudgy caramel.
I thought it is peanut butter toast when I saw the first picture. Haha. Anyway, good try Kim! :D
ReplyDeleteit s coz u took out the cake from the oven too soon. u should cool the cake in the oven after baking..let the temp go down slowly..and there won t be that bad cracks..and you took it out from the tray before it cooled down..that s why there was cracks. that s what my mum taught me last time la.
ReplyDeletewuah....keng keng!!!
ReplyDelete