Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Going bananas

For once, my dad couldn't finish his bananas.
There was too many leftover and growing too ripe.
So yesterday I offered to get rid of them. At dinner time. Sweet music to his ears.
But I wasn't going to eat them. Crazy....there was like 9 leftovers. And these are the green skin type which are longer than the usual bananas. Talk about ALOT!

Used them for a banana cake instead!
Hahahaha!

Man, I was really sweating with this. Why?
Because:
1. There was too many leftover bananas. So when the recipe called for 4 bananas, I put in 5 instead.
2. I only discovered I had 3 eggs instead of 4 (which what the recipe wanted) AFTER I had smashed my bananas.
3. I forgot to soften my butter. Then it wont mix with the sugar. So to quickly soften the butter, I put it over a pot of boiling water and then it melted alright, too fast too furious I ended up with completely melted butter-sugary substance which won't become white and fluffy no matter how much I beat.

So everything was waiting for a disastrous result.......

Watery batter....

What a relief when it turned out this way.
A tad too fair in the corners.
A bit oily.....I think too much butter.
But at least no cracks, weee!!!

Close up....
Sneaking away in the dark.....

Splashing a dollop of chocolate sauce on them,
it mixes sugar high with banana happy high.

I wonder if all my cakes have reached their maximum height, or this was just weight down by the bananas.
Anyway it's all gone, my dad finished them faster than the brownies.
Talk about favoritism.

No comments :

Post a Comment