Thursday, May 1, 2014

The month that was April

It had truly been a busy month!
Between completing my taxes, work, A-Z and getting 'on my own' things settled there wasn't much time left for the daily stuff.

A-Z been a good accomplishment for me.
I manage to finish all the letters before the scheduled day for it.

To boldly write my mind and just not worry about who will think what of this and that takes courage.
Because this is who I am. And here are my thoughts.

There was this comforting quote I stumbled upon towards the end of completing all my alphabets.

You always own the option of having no opinion. 
There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can’t control. 
These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone. 
~ Marcus Aurelius

To which I find myself thinking that if people don't like what they read then they can just hop on ahead to the next blog.

In a way, from this quote I'm also learning to not having an opinion all the time.
The A-Z proves it. I do have a voice for any topic forced upon.
So it is a matter of consciously practicing self-control to what I have to write.
To lean on God's wisdom rather than on my own understanding of things.

I'm off on my own for the next 3 weeks.
To the land where internet is not exactly free.
To say I'm ready for my trip is an overstatement.
I only started getting things done in April.
The enormity of all the preparations I have to do,
the choices I have to make was overwhelming at times.
But I'm thankful for encouraging friends and the bottom-line that it is all up to me.










No comments :

Post a Comment