Getting here took all yesterday.
The day before rocks fell on to the road and buses had to turn around and deposit people for another night where they were.
So there was a long queue of vehicles at Haast waiting for the road to open at noon.
Our bus driver did a good job stopping us at various places along the way.
We were at a salmon farm, a creek and another place for a late lunch after the pass opened up.
I made plans to go paragliding today.
But when I called to check on the weather they were expecting wind up there.
So I walked over to Stuart's Puzzling World in the morning instead.
Spent quite some hours lost in the labyrinth first.
The challenge was to find the way up to 4 towers at each corner of the maze and to get back to the starting point once that was done.
I actually found 2 towers on my own.
And then it took me a long while to find the 3rd.
By then I was smart to wait for the people who were up there to come back down and I retraced their steps. Haha.
The last tower was the worst as most people did that first, so I was not getting much clues.
I then gave up about finding the starting point again and took an emergency exit.
There was a sign in the maze saying that the whole thing is 1.5km long but people could end up walking 3-5km getting lost in there. I'm sure I was one of them.
After that I went over to the illusion rooms.
There was a lot of fun things to see and do.
Some stuff were seen unlike what they really are because of how our brain works.
So it was cool to know.
Then it was the long walk back again.
I took a slightly different route and found quite some views.
Snow capped peaks, green mountains down to the lake and town.
It was so beautiful.
I then headed over to the library to have a reading fix.
I didn't knew that Hillary Duff wrote young adult stories til today.
That's about all there is to the time spent here in Wanaka.
Tomorrow I head over to Queenstown where I hope to finally have some sky adventure!
No comments :
Post a Comment