So today I started out near to lunch hour.
Walked about 30 steps and was freaked out by some droplets I felt and turned around to get my raincoat. Turns out I didn't need it.
I headed to the mall. And seriously, they are in containers in E formation on both sides of this walkway that had some market style stalls as well. There wasn't much to look at since this isn't my trip to shop. So I headed to the cathedral. Or what's left of it.
And it was such a pity. The whole front of the place is gone. And it was one of those really old buildings that would be marvelous to stare at for hours.
I remembered after that I needed to get back to the 'mall' for stamps.
I rounded the area twice looking for the post office. It was off to one middle of an E facing sideways.
The post office had Hobbit stamps. I guess they had to since it was filmed in this country.
After that I was walking around salivating at the smells of freshly made food.
I succeeded to avoid temptation today. Walked into Quake City exhibition instead.
Quake City was worth the ten dollars.
It starts you off with a dark room that as you listen and watch it tells how they believe earthquakes were erupted by their earth god.
It was followed by some exhibits on history of earthquakes in this country and some equipments used to retrieve things during the earthquake.
Then there was this viewing room where they showed the short film of 12 people sharing their accounts of the earthquake. I got teary eyed especially where people were worried about their loved ones.
Then there was an area educating on liquefaction which was pretty much what screws peoples' lives up after the earthquake.
There was more exhibits after that of remains found, the many people that helped after the earthquake and so on.
After that I went to get groceries for my whole day of travelling tomorrow.
It was lovely to take another route back to my hostel and just watch the brilliant redness in leaves.
WHY NO PICTURES HERRERERERERE
ReplyDelete