Thursday, December 11, 2008

Skills and talents

Jabs been dealing me with a different ball game from the start.
And it's been fun learning all the new stuff.
Yet today, I discovered that the things I learnt back in school are within my grasps of going back to.
Maybe not now, but in the very near future.
I have a firm stand of certain knowledge I've picked up in the old place, where I had made it known I do not want to put them to waste here.
But when it comes to the things back in school..... it makes me wonder what falls into skills and talent.

skill–noun
1.the ability, coming from one's knowledge, practice, aptitude, etc., to do something well



tal⋅ent–noun
1.a special natural ability or aptitude

2.a capacity for achievement or success; ability
3.a talented person
4.a group of persons with special ability
5.Movies and Television.

6.a power of mind or body considered as given to a person for use and improvement: so called from the parable in Matt. 25:14–30.

And am I willing to immerse myself in them again.
Where that is, is a pretty male dominated place.
Sometimes the things you enjoyed, in reality, in application, is very diversed from what is enjoyable.
I'll probably only decide when I'm forced to decide.

I have been dragged into being a percussionist for Jabs Xmas event.
Talk about irony. Especially when I can't even count to 4 consistently.
I think He just won't let me take a complete break away.
Bleah.

No comments :

Post a Comment