I'm thankful He did.
Last Wednesday I told Hair I wanted to use the music room after work. The plan was to leave office at 4.30pm sharp and arrive at 5.30pm, giving me 2 hours of happiness before dinner and prayer meeting.
At 4.20pm, my boss (who has left the office early), called and asked me to make a map change and make an emergency promotion to production. T.T
I was so mad my plans was going down the drain, but at the same time there was this small voice convincing me to stay calm and that this was a work opportunity, a chance to show my boss I can do small things like that well.
While I am trying to figure out my solution and testing, Hair messages that he has forgotten to leave the key with the guard and its in the office. Super =.= at that point, because I would need to see if anyone is still around in the office to let me in. On top of already being late because of my work.
But though my emotions was running astray, I just replied him that I will see how it goes later on since I was going to be late.
So turns out the work my boss wants me to do, couldn't go as planned.
After a few back and forth calls, he lets me off the hook and I left the office.
At that point it didn't matter what time I arrived, I was just intent on hoping there will still be someone left in the office.
Driving in the jam, I thought; if this is about Him then it will happen as He wills it.
Otherwise I will just read in the church car park.
I arrived close to 6.30pm. As I walk up to the lobby entrance, to my relief two or three pastors were coming out.
So I spoke to the one I was familiar with that I needed to get into the office and get that key.
He escort me in and as we were going up the stairs, senior pastors were coming down.
And he tells me that I am so fortunate, a few minutes later and there would have been no one at all in the office. My heart pretty much leap with joy at that point.
We go in to the office, but Hair's table is such a mess and I couldn't see the key from the dim lighting (since the place was closed).
Pastor helps me look for it and find it.
We go back outside and actually all the pastors that I have seen were waiting to go for dinner together. Hehehe.
So I ended up having the music room to myself.
Was heavy hearted to leave when it was time.
Yet so happy that God had made it all happened. \(^.^)/
The thing was, I was still a bit unhappy with my boss, doing a stunt like that.
And it stayed with me the whole Thursday.
It wasn't until I opened up my angpow on Friday morning (which he had given on Tuesday), that my heart softened down. It was a shock to see the big amount of money he gave.
The money reminds me that God is a provider, but more than that He also knows it is these little things that makes my heart happy and not stay mad at people.
My boss may be a hard task master that boasts a lot, which I don't like.
But he is generous with things and in sharing his knowledge.
It is the balance that sometimes I feel God really wants to show me,
especially when I'm struggling to adjust to his antics and do my work well.
There was also that whole thing of referring to me as a part time developer, when he meant if there is minor mapping stuff refer to me, that's been a joke in the office this week.
It stings a little that he referred to me that way.
Like, what's the point of changing title (at his urging) if he's going to be this way.
It's taking me sometime to convince myself the title doesn't matter.
That what matters is I am a child of God. And it is His favor that I have and will want for nothing else.
Saturday, February 20, 2016
The God showing up week.
@
8:12 AM
Basket into->
1000 things
,
inner voice
,
misery loves company
,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment