As I backup and clear away my photos for the new memories I'm making this October,
I found many moments that had made me laugh and smiled throughout this year.
Despite many insecure, paranoid and anxious moments,
the only ones captured are those that had made me smile.
In this clear moment of sanity, I'm just thankful for the year that I've had.
Thankful for the many meals I have enjoyed.
Thankful for the many board games I've played.
Thankful for the movies I've seen.
Thankful for the friends I have.
It amazes me that my Martha tendencies haven't left me even without serving in church.
And to just accept the fact that I don't do well in big groups.
I'm coming to accept the reality of having a week of crazy days each month.
So, I'm thankful that it's also been almost a year of discovering me.
I don't know what the future holds, but one thing is for sure.
I can't run away from Him.
I know now the whole membership thing happening so suddenly was His way of emphasizing on the you're-one-of-them-now, even though I couldn't help feeling like it is such a threat to my freedom.
Like, even more now than ever, my time is limited and I will be cornered.
And the paranoia can go on and on, bringing on the desperate tears.
But it isn't going to happen today, because today is one of the better days.
*evil grin*
ReplyDeleteMUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA