Monday, July 7, 2008

Smelling good

After a week of awful smells and sounds, it was just splendid to be able to go home for the weekend.
Baking can be so relaxing when you have the whole house to yourself for the whole afternoon.
And the smell of freshly baked cookies wafting through the house......
Too bad Blinky's battery was dead and I've forgotten where I left the charger.
I had to use my handphone's camera function. And the lens there was pretty dirty...

I made my first batter ever from scratch consisting of,
Approximately,
250gm of butter
250gm of sugar
2 normal size eggs
A splash of vanilla flavor
A big dollop of Hershey's chocolate sauce
450gm of flour
A pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of baking powder and some more that spilled it way into the bowl....
Chocolate chips for decoration

Let me just warn you, that's enough batter to make about 50 medium and 50 mini cookies!
Hahahaha!
The texture was more like ice cream then dough like the premix.
I was a tad worried because there was so much batter,
I thought it was going to turn disastrous.Like ice cream....
The first batch I made without any chocolate chips on top was too darn plain.
And they really blossomed in A#.
So the next batch I made really small.

In to the oven looking kawaii....
Out of the oven......
Even more kawaii!!!Staring at the cookies too long can lead to a reminder of a certain body part.
But I think it's worst without chocolate chips.
When I ran out of chocolate chips, I made 'X's and 'K's on top of them.
Hahahaha!

I got sick of plain cookies midway through, so I stole some of my dad's instant oats and add it to the batter.
Besides, I think he would prefer his cookies that way. Healthier.....Hahaha!
The oats remained white even after baking.
Sadly I forgot to take pictures of them.
Needless to say the mini cookies, I kept aside to give away. 2 tupperwares.
Wishing I have the guts to give to certain people. Hahaha!
This morning my grandma gave me the thumbs up sign for the oat cookies. *big grin*
And my dad is all stocked up for a few weeks at least! Yay!

On some other notes,
It was weird and a tad annoying to hear the sound of violin at practice again.
Ear tolerance was low after a year or so of absence of that spooky sound.
But after awhile, old goosebumps crawl up your skin again.
And that is well with my soul.
Now all he has to do is play the goosebumps song,
and make us all weep once more.

No comments :

Post a Comment