Monday, May 26, 2008

Treasures of the past

Without a clock hanged up, time become.....lost.
Was almost late for fellowship on Saturday.
And it completely slipped my mind to meet up with some old mates for dinner and movie yesterday.....until they called like one and a half hour before the show. Hahaha!
Then, God decided to be funny with me...I was stuck on the bridge for like 40minutes!!! And then I got a tad lost weaving through town to get to Gurney. Thank God the show was delayed for quite a bit....and we didn't miss any parts! But it was good. Indy is still hilarious and gross in all the old ways. I know I screamed and laughed really hard a few times. And I think I kicked a stranger's knee in the midst of all that. Oops...


I found a box of her clothes on Saturday.
Clothes that had stood the test of time.
Colors still vibrant.
Nothing disintegrating at the breath of air and touch of hand.
I believe that it hasn't been opened since the I moved from KL.
That would make it......15 years, I think.
Yeah, I'm actually only two thirds Penangite.

They couldn't imagine when I was young that I could grow up to be her size.
So a lot of her clothes were given away.
If she was here, I probably wouldn't be her size anyway. Go figure....

There was a couple of sarongs I have no use for and some really really old fashion clothes.
We couldn't imagine how she could have fit into a skirt with a waist size a third of the bottom of the skirt. Haha!

Three of the blouses I kept were a good fit.
With the softness of being worn and washed before.
Perfect...
One of them a favorite....according to them.


If I were to get myself worked up, I would say they were hers and the last of hers therefore they should be kept....no matter how useless they are now.
But I wasn't worked up......so I let them go.
Hopefully someone somewhere can make better use of them.
Or turn them into rags. I don't think I want to know. *shudders*
Someone's treasure may be someone else's rubbish.

I just wished there had been more of her.......




1 comment :

  1. You must have really missed her so. I'm feeling it too on your behalf. Take care, dear.

    ReplyDelete