Friday, July 8, 2011

A letter from the past (written in loving memory of another life)

Found an old letter my bro and I wrote to Ko when we were kids.
I was amused over my handwriting, spelling and grammar mistakes. And I asked for ice cream all the way from Melbourne. Really a 'Kids say the darnest things' moment.

And it brought up fragments of those years.
The mention of Malacca in my bro's part of the letter, reminded me of the yellow soft toy dog and harmonica he bought from his trip. How excited I was to receive the dog and how soon after that one of the paw was broken and we could see the filling inside.

A dam of memories burst forth just like that.
I remember cooking Maggi over an open fire, McD meals we waited patiently for our parents return before consuming because we didn't believe they were ours, the teachers' room we'd sneak into during the weekends to find water guns the teachers had taken away from students on the weekdays, observing dead mice taken apart on canteen tables I eat upon during recess, flying front teeth, owning chickens, tortoises, a cat, a kitten, and birds on the window frame.

*SNIFFLES*

There was a life before here that was completely different.
That little girl deserves a good cry over once in a long while.

No comments :

Post a Comment