Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Movies

Water for Elephants
The title itself is only mentioned once, as the responsibility of the narrator during his time in a circus when they purchased an elephant for the new main act after he shot the horse that was the main act before he joined the circus, out of pity for it's pain and misery of an infected leg. Heck, he almost lost his own life for killing the horse. It's pretty sad, the show showed all the hardship the people behind the scenes and animals  have to go through. The mad circus master and performers have better living circumstances on the train but the people who pitch the tents up are left to fend for themselves. Some are thrown off the train along the way when there's not enough money to pay and feed them and when they are thrown on rocky area they died from the fall. There were parts where the torture was too much, I covered my view with my bag.

Priest
In light of the recent going-ons,
which (by the way I laughed my heart out when I read because of how outrageous it is, despite it being so true and dangerous), I can't help but realize that the movie 'Priest' puts the Church in a creepy, dark stand of denial. The underlying vow being 'Obey the Church, or you don't obey God' and everyone within the locked down city is forced to hold that vow or be treated as outcast and live in the Wasteland. They denied the existence of vampires out of city wall even when there was proof right in front of them. That aside, it was creepy, tons of bloodshed and I winced everytime the vampires came out to play. The creepiest part for me was where one of the hero had to walk past cocoons after cocoons of vampires, and of course they came out after him at some point. I didn't mind so much when they fought the vampires in the daylight.
Surprisingly, the movie isn't launch in the US yet. According to the internet, this show was held back a year from release to introduce it in 3-D. I'm scared enough watching it just like that!


I have a tendency to structure really long winded sentences.
An English lecturer once called it 'flow' but I think its just ridiculous.
Is there a cure for this?

No comments :

Post a Comment