"Heart and soul, I fell in love with you..."
One of my favorite pieces on the piano, it puts a smile on my face every time I hear it.
And inwardly, it screams "Awww..." to my utterly hopeless romantic side.
I get embarrassed when I play this outside of the comfort of my home.
I would wonder if people think I'm implying something.
It is however also the one song that challenges my view of ever finding someone to fall in love with.
Someday I hope to be able to play this with him. *blush*
Or in my wilder dreams, he's playing this song to court me.
On a baby grand. In a hall with no one else.
Ahahahaha!
I blame the wishful thinking on it being a duet piece.
The repetitive chord progression would be so teachable!
And when a duet like this had such romantic lyrics to go with it, you just want to put your heart out and mean it!
*gets back to reality*
I always loved this piece. I remember playing it with my mom when I was little.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
http://pensuasion.blogspot.com
Reality sucks.
ReplyDeleteThat's just a happy song. Nice way to take a break from reality. If I heard you playing it, I would just assume you were a good piano player, not looking for a mate!
ReplyDeleteMelanie
#863