Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Symphony of rain

Droplets becoming riverlets.
Pouring down, hitting everywhere.
Rain, without an end is soundless.
Glorious is the sound of rain on every surface possible.




Warm comfort food on a rainy day.


Somewhere in the midst of working 10 hours,
dreaming of work when I'm asleep,
are small wonders like today.

A glimpse of the blue sky after work.
A sight I haven't seen for over two weeks.

There's so much emotions going on.
From one end of feeling thankful I still have a job, to the other end of the spectrum of feeling overwhelmed at all the things to do are all these other emotions in between that I never quite find the time to properly feel it out.

I just want to address one that I can put behind me now.

A colleague left us yesterday.
It was quite a shock to everyone.
I was too bogged up with work yesterday to feel too much about it.
In a way I was relieved that she left while we were in the room hearing the announcement
because I just do not know what to say to her if she had still been there.
But today I've had time to reach this final thought.


Because you had thought to sneak off
without saying goodbye when you had the chance to, 
(unlike the others with immediate notice to leave)
then you must have really not liked any of us at all.
Nor the job.

All the best wherever you are.
Be free from Jabs.



Time for me to get back to enjoying the symphony of rain.

1 comment :