Excerpts from
a boundless article.
Why pray for the impossible? Because it transforms me. Because it gives God glory. And because it delights my Savior's heart.
How do I pray for the impossible? Be confident, be persistent, be specific — and be ready for the unexpected.
Praying for the impossible is not a test of my imagination; it's a test of my faith. I don't have to be able to foresee what God will do; I just have to give Him big enough space to do it in. Faith doesn't say "It could never ..." or "I would never." Of course I would never (in a million years) write a book, learn to ski, or sport a softened heart. But that leaves God out of the equation.
He changes everything.
Impossibility does not intimidate Him in the least. In fact, it's His natural habitat, His joy, and His glory. Impossibility has His name written all over it!
No comments :
Post a Comment