WARNING: Read at your own risk.
It started with an invitation from my aunt to watch a play which she had complimentary tickets to.
My aunt didn't know at all what the play was going to be about.
My aunt didn't know at all what the play was going to be about.
Me, being a huge fan of arts and culture and what nots to do with creativity said yes to watching the play.
When we got to the place, and I saw the poster of a man dressed up in an almost bride-like gown, I was only going 'Okayyy, so there's going to be a cross-dresser in the play....' in my head.
I wasn't expecting a one man playing multiple characters, cross-dressing and making standup comedy all in one, that's for sure.
The play started of with this man introducing himself as Filo and engaging with the audience abit, even claiming to be a doctor and talking about H1N1 and suggesting that he can take our temperature if needed later on. He made a brief description that the show was about the views and lives of people that were around the former first lady Imelda Marcos.
I can't remember now if this was when the actual play started or even with the introduction because it was just hilarious, awkward yet fascinating from the introduction til end.
He then pushed out this gigantic shoe and started playing all the other characters by taking clothes out of that shoe and changing into them.
It was just hilarious the way the stories were told.
The awkward part comes from understanding all the sexual hints he was making so forwardly to the men in the audience. Maybe that was just naive of me, but it was disturbing that I understood what was going on with the body language and words, which goes to show that I can't save my underage mentality anymore *sigh* .
One of the highlight moments when he engaged with the audience, was when he tried to show a game played by young kids back in the Philippines. I really thank God I hadn't sat in the aisle seat when he dragged my cousin's wife (who was sitting in the aisle seat) up there to hop between the 2 bamboo sticks like he did while getting the audience to chant the rhythm to move the bamboo sticks.
Overall the actor/comedian was brilliant, he had quite the convincing female look when he cross-dressed (the long wig looked so natural on him!!) and never once falter doing all that talking and singing for over an hour...his voice was just incredible making female tone AND male tone conversations without a pause and then the singing.......that just blew me away completely. He had quite a few songs and there was some high long notes he just hit right on the nail and stayed on for quite some breath taking while. It was just superb talent in real life.
There was even one part when he was coming down from the stage to get closer with the audience and he kinda slipped and fell onto a sitting position, and he was just very graceful about it flipping his long wig aside very naturally and still in composure. Wow!
One of the song that was sang by him....(I found the original version of the lyrics online...it is actually called for tits and ass), based on what I can remember from the play, the line 'Pecs and ass can change your life'
Here's a video of the song as well. It was so hilarious watching, compared to this video I found, was just incomparable although it was good to remember the tune again.
DANCE: TEN; LOOKS: THREE
Dance: ten; Looks; three.
And I' still on unemployment,
Dancing for my own enjoyment.
That ain't it, kid. That ain't it, kid.
"Dance: ten; Looks; three,"
I like to die!
Left the theatre and
Called the doctor for
My appointment to buy...
Tits and ass.
Bought myself a fancy pair.
Tightened up the derriere.
Did the nose with it.
All that goes with it.
Tits and ass!
Had the bingo-bongos done.
Suddenly I'm getting nash'nal tours!
Tits and ass won't get you jobs
Unless they're yours.
Didn't cost a fortune neither.
Didn't hurt my sex life either.
Flat and sassy,
I would get the strays and losers.
Beggars really can't be choosers.
That ain't it, kid. That ain't it, kid.
Fised the chassis.
"How do you do!"
Life turned into and
Endless medley of
"Gee it had to be you!"
Why?
Tits and ass!
Where the cupboard once was bare
Now you knock and someone's there.
You have got 'em, hey.
Top to bottom, hey.
It's a gas!
Just a dash of silicone.
Shake your new maracas and you fine!
Tits and ass can change your life.
They sure changed mine.
Have it all done.
Honey, take my word.
Grab a cab, c'mon.
See the wizard on
Park and Seventy-Third
For
Tits and ass.
Orchestra or balcony.
What they want is whatcha see.
Keep the best of you.
Do the rest of you.
Pits or class.
I have never seen it fail.
Debutante or chorus girl or wife.
Tits and ass,
Yes, tits and ass
Have changed...
My...
Life...!
That's been a very very long post. Whew!
No comments :
Post a Comment