Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wind-blown away

One of the things I will miss most about going to work at 5am in the morning is lowering down both car windows and enjoying the cool breeze while trying to keep both my eyes on the road and gazing at the stars at the same time.
I haven't succeeded yet in putting my whole head out while driving with one arm and leg on the pedal. Someday.

A while back, Jen and I made a trip to an isolated house in the middle of the night.
A good stretch of the way was really dark and eerie with not a single car passing or behind us.

Let's just say that, on the way back with Jen driving instead of me....I lowered down the car window and more or less sit on the door frame, holding on to the hand support thingy on the ceiling and keeping one feet rooted to the car. Needless to say my seat belt was abandoned la.
It was super awesome to be able to...

Feel the breeze blowing at 60km/hour and gazing up at the stars.
Knowing that there's God up there.

If she could have gone up to 80km/hour...man that would have been a blast.

A long long time ago, I was in a car going 120-130km/hour.
The opportunity was there because the air-con wasn't working.

I regret that I didn't just unbuckle and do it this way back then.
All I did was stuck my head out, body still buckled down to the seat by the seat belt.
*sigh*

If anyone out there is willing to drive that fast or faster for me someday, do let me know.

I won't hold back this time.

1 comment :

  1. arghhh.. so that night wasn't enough lar hor.. ok ok we tried it next time.. Please 'multi-support' your head..

    ReplyDelete