Saturday, September 13, 2008

Weekly update

Can't think of another title to sum up the week.

It's been a good week.

Quirky #1
Met up with Antenna on a much overdue dinner on Monday night.
Was just craving for pasta. Intended to go to Francis's Western Food. But it was closed, so ended up in Breeks at Gurney.
Had a very good long conversation. I think I was too busy talking and listening to actually.......taste my food properly. Hahahahaha!
She summarized it this way......
September 8th, 2008 dinnerz!
POSTED AT 11:41 PM

Dinnerz with KK.

Conversations on: Life. Church. Ministry. Contact lenses. Maturity. Comfort. Plans. Dreams. Would you date a younger guy? Writing. Thoughts. Washing machines and dryers. Floods. College. CF. What does passion fruit taste like?Thinking too much. Male leadership. Work. Youth. Rants. Music. Worship. Words.


It so amuses me to see that all listed down.
And that wasn't the end of what she blogged on.
To read on what comes after that go here.
Muahahahaha! (Sorry, Antenna for the publicity. I couldn't help it! Prolly because it rings a bell in my soul too! LOL!)
Somethings just comes with age.
Maybe it's just a phase we all just have to go through with God.
Anyway, it was just bliss. Friends like that are so rare.

Quirky #2
The little things I've discovered.
A bum is someone in quite a high level position. So, trust me when I say you don't want to be a bum there. Lol!
When they mention Chihuahua.......they are not talking about cute dogs.

Quirky #3
Don't curse yourself.
Some people imagine out loud a terrible scenario for themselves (like sharing the last box of tako balls sold and no more laksa) and when it happens, it's so darn hilarious to witness. (Thank God I wasn't all that hungry tonight, Jen!) LOL!

But seriously, I believe that saying out loud bad scenarios or self criticizing out loud, allows your brain to subconsciously proclaims/believe that it happens.
It's like repeating a mantra over and over again makes you believe in it.
Because out loud is so much more real than kept inside your head.
So, whenever someone goes into "You don't know yet *bad scenario example input here* can happen to you" mode, I'll go into "Don't curse me" mode. And I mean it.

No comments :

Post a Comment