So on Wednesday, everything was taken out and cleared from there by my uncle, aunt and Dad while I was at work.
Turns out the white ants love my brother's books and half his comics while none of my old books were touched.
They have great taste.
Now, I have a dilemma.
Because my dad wants to display them on the shelves, and since technically most of them are mine, I should display them in my room.
But right now.....
I have on display chick flicks and Archie comics accumulated in the last 7 years or so!
So do I dish out the chick flicks and comics for the classics?
Not only do I have classics like David Copperfield and Ivanhoe, but there's like a bunch of Famous Five, and Alfred Hitchcock's Three Investigators as well!!!
Most of the Famous Five books are older than me. And I bet no one knows who Alfred Hitchcock is in this age and time.
There's a big bunch of cute encyclopedia material that's like from the world view of a gnome.
The set is called 'The Secret Books of the Gnomes'. It was very interesting and my dad brought it back when I was just a kid. Every single page of all 25 books was filled with pictures. There was even a gnome figurine that came with it, which I have no idea where is it now.
Then there's a couple Sweet Valley books lying around, bought during the teen years where everybody else were reading them and I had to have some of that as well....yada yada yada. Still when I read through one now, at least the material is way innocent then what they have on the book shelves for teens these days in bookstores.
Not to mention my Enid Blyton books on fairies, pixies, and dolls that comes alive at night.....
Man, those were the days when I eat, sleep and even in school I'd have a story book with me all the time.
So, which category should be on display?
The problem with old books is when I read them now, they are really cheesy.
Actually it's not just the old books, even chick flicks have the same old cheesy storyline most of the time. I can't believe I was reading that sort of crap some years ago.
The only books worth acknowledging are the classics, the adventure biographies....but that's not really my style now either.
I'm still a bookworm, no doubt about that, just probably not in season right now. Haha!
What the heck am I suppose to do with all these books?!?!?
i know i know...
ReplyDeletelet me see whether there's anything i wanna borrow :P