Friday, January 2, 2009

2nd Trip of 2008

This post have been long overdue,
I couldn't bear the thought of looking at the pictures and remembering all the lovelies I saw, things I did and the kids I miss.

This time round I stayed 2 nights at the newly wedded Kong Kong and Ama's place and 1 at Di and Mi's. I arrived on Thursday afternoon and it was a pretty quiet night hanging out at FGA KL while Kong Kong and Ama had their practice for Sunday services. On Friday, Kong Kong dropped me off at KL Sentral before working where I wasted sometime at Coffee Bean before making my way to KLCC as it was about 8am in the morning.
Dear Ama made me a chicken sandwich which was really sweet of her.
Although it wasn't in my plans,
it went along with Kong Kong's idea that I make my way to KLCC first, as they open earlier than elsewhere.
Take a guess how I got the shot above, haha!
Mi thought I had some function in Blinky that makes the shots that way.
But it was just the coolest idea I had while having my own little picnic of a breakfast at KLCC Park.
Bored with the way there's a million and one shots of the towers.
A beautiful way to start an early morning in KL.

It's okay.....I had a Bavarian Vanilla donut when I arrived in Pudu.
I still couldn't help take a picture even with a chicken sandwich in my hand.

Xmas is over, so I won't put a lot of my Christmas tree shots here.
But this was really imaginative for it was like watching presents tumbling down from the sky.

I managed to visit the Petronas Gallery where they were showcasing portraits of famous Malaysians in arts, drama, crafts, and music.
The title of the showcase was called 'Imaging Selfs', shots all taken by Soraya Yusof Talismail.
In a corner there was a showcase of sculptures in bronze with pieces of glasses in some and other sort of metal combination, by a sculptor.
And it was all really very abstract stuff.
Heck, I only recognize about 10 of the artists from the potraits.
But I just totally loved it, getting to linger at every amazing potraits of those creative minds.
And wondering how on earth the photographer thought of shots like that.
Being there was like a rejuvenating breath of fresh air to my imagination and the art-loving side of me.
This had to be the most memorable thing about the trip, besides the kids of course.

So after KLCC, I made my way to Times Square, hoping that Wendy's was open there.
Unfortunately it was not, and a shop I frequent there every time I go down to KL had closed down as well. So I had to make a detour to Pudu as there was still a branch there. It's my first time in years taking the public bus in the city. But it was worth it as I made my way back from there to Midvalley with this.
Blink-blink bag. Hahaha!

Finally! Burger King at Midvalley in the late afternoon.
The juiciest Double Mushroom Swiss burger ever.

The Gardens.

On Saturday, this was the reason I had to go down KL.



There wasn't time to take shots of the newly wedded.
Group shots are already all over somewhere else, much to my distractions,
so I won't post them here.

That night, once again I went for TSF and of course had my heart broken by these kids.


Kawaii and cheeky rite? These are 2 sisters.

Then there was him.
The ultimate heart breaker.
A serious contender for his cousin Charis.
First he won't sit or stand still for a shot.
And when he finally did sit down, it was to face me this way.
Ish.
But he did made it up to me later on by feeding me fries,
to my utter delight as I thought only his parents was privileged with that.

Arghhhhhh......I miss them all!
Dear God, please help me.
Let me see them again soon.


One thing Mi said that really struck me in the heart was,

Even as the kids are growing up,
I am growing older too...

Sigh!
Enough said.

No comments :

Post a Comment