Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pasta-urday

I got tired of cooking another pot of soup for yet another Saturday.

The catch is: My dad only wants soup unless I'm eating.

So I had to figure out what I want to eat AND make sure it's not out of his league as well.
The outcome...........

2 broccolis, 1carrot and loads of garlic to satisfy the man of his veggie intake,
and 10 chicken balls and 3 sausages to satisfy the little girl's meat intake.
Of course the pasta and a can of Prego sauce is a must.
Muahahahahahahahha!

Using butter instead of cooking oil, the garlic smelt really lovely upon touchdown.
Of course I took advantage of the situation and scooped more broccolis on his plate than mine.
Muahahaha!
Thank God, he says it was okay.

A lot of times in the kitchen with my inaccurate measurements, timing and nonsense,
it continually amazes me that the food turns out alright.

Broccolis are a bit darn difficult to clean and cut without messing up the whole basin.
Which is why I don't like working with them. But he loves them, so I have to deal with it.

I realize that the common pasta available in our supermarkets are either spaghetti, macaroni, shells, spirals or linguine. And to me, that's not much of choices since spaghetti and linguine are about the same like noodles, macaroni looks funny......and the only interesting ones left are shells or spirals. One of the malls I've been to in the last few days had bow tie pasta, but it was too late since I already bought the shells pasta awhile back. Maybe next time.

And yet again, this stays within the family. I'm not cooking for just anyone.

6 comments :