Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Silver Lining in Every Cloud

I drove back in the after work bridge jam (with my dad) and was pretty much grumpily stuck for nearly an hour, when I received the call to go BBQ. I wasn't sure at that point if I'd made it back in time but 15 minutes later I was closer to home and told them I could make it.
I couldn't help grinning at my close timing.
Everything just went well from there onwards. There was no terrible jam going over. Our fire got on, the food cooked quickly, cleaned up real well after eating and we were even able to lie down for a little before the first tiny drop of rain hinted us to get going.

I wouldn't have made it if we weren't already on our way back like my dad insisted.
That's what my silver lining of the day is.


I'm not ready for this.
I really really am not.
Mentally or emotionally.

So I hope I find my silver lining there.
Like I did today.


If you see me online, I am most likely 3 hours ahead of you.
And I've disappeared from the face of Malaysia by then.

2 comments :